I can’t remember how it was to be fifteen years old and that was only three years ago, trying to be a five year old is much harder then one thinks. In the group project we picked Flight Pattern to portray. My character was Grace the daughter of William and Marie. For the project we decided to each pick a character and keep a twitter account on each. Trying to be Grace was very difficult because I personally don’t remember what it was to be five years old. Another reason it was hard was not much was said about Grace but about one paragraph.
By what was said in the story, Grace seemed to be very smart and hippie like. I imagined her to be fascinated with nature and culture. One main reason I believe this its how she is described and what she says about cutting her hair and not wanting to be a boy or a girl but a leaf. A girl that wants to cut her hair and just wants to be a leaf at the age of ten must be really into nature and Zen moments. Putting this information helped me get more into the character. One thing that made it easier to be Grace was looking at the twitters of my fellow group mates. I looked at what Marie and William would write about her and then I would follow along with that.
A lot of the times as I was writing the updates it was difficult, my roommate told me to remember how it was to be five and how it felt when your parents went away to trips. I tried this technique but got nowhere. In reality I couldn’t remember much about being ten except having to wear ponytails all the time that hurt my head because she pulled it back really hard, when it came to missing my parents my parents where always around they where not big on traveling.
I learned a lot about trying to be this character. Since there was not much on her I had to analyze everything to the point in order to get a good update on her. It made me try to remember how it was to be ten didn’t help much but I was able to look back at my past. Having this as a final made everything easier, yet it has its difficulties when trying to be a character. Yet you can see how people interpret each character. I might have had an idea on how Grace or any other character are and their personalities it doesn’t that’s how everyone sees them. My idea of Grace was that she was a strong pretty independent child. She saw life in her own way and most likely felt like many people didn’t understand her or didn’t see the world the same way she did. She was a child yet had a mind of a 20 year old.
One thing that made this project more interesting was the idea of a five year old having a twitter. This helps the idea that she was really smart. If a five year old can use a computer and type correctly without misspelling most words that proves that she might be a very smart kindergartner. When a five year old talks about cutting all her hair off that means she’s really thinking about life and how it really is. This was interesting to play. I actually believed at the beginning of the project that she was older. I had forgotten that in the book it said she was a kindergartner. The entire time I believe she was ten because it made more sense with what she said in the story.
All in all I loved playing the character of Grace it was fun and exciting to be a a smart five year old. It made the project more interesting to me.
Twitter Link
http://twitter.com/grace4president
No comments:
Post a Comment